Mediaspace.global invited a diverse group of stakeholders around one virtual table to discuss how to unlock digital competition in the media and online platform space on the 30th September 2020.
We started #Unlockingdigitalcompetition conversations at the GovTech Summit 2019 - #Unlockingdigitalcompetition report is available here.
In our virtual event series titled "Regulation Meets Market & Innovation" we will discuss key issues and opportunities in the media space. On the 30th September our expert panel will shared knowledge and views on how competition issues in the digital space has been challenged by the COVID-19 pandemic , what evidence shows regarding financial performaces of traditional media and online platforms and acceleration of previous issues, and what opportunities and actions the panel experts expect for a future-proof regulation.
As Mediaspace.global is the network for media, marketing, tech, law, regulation, policy making and innovation, incepted before the pandemic and born in the COVID crisis with the mission to provide a virtual space for professionals to connect, collaborate and find opportunities, we were going to provide a unique virtual network experience by offering members-to-members, facilitated conversation as the second phase of the event, right after the expert panel, facilitated by Kompania.
The expert panel included:
- Kinga Incze, founder of Mediaspace , Whitereport Global Limited
- Stephen Kinsella, EU Lawyer, Specialist Partner at Flint Global, founder of Clean Up The Internet
- Collette Rawnsley, Head of Competition at Wiggin UK & Brussels
- Mohammad J Sear, EY Associate Partner, Digital Gov. & Public Sector Advisory Services, MENA
- Krisztina Rozgonyi, Policy and regulatory expert - media and communication, Assistant Professor University of Vienna
- Lubos Kuklis, Board Member at European Regulators Group for Audiovisual Media Services
- Gavin Knott, Director of Remedies, Business and Financial Analysis at the Competition and Markets Authority
Chaired by Hamish Sandison, chairman of Mediaspace.global.
After the panel discussion all attendants had the opportunity to participate at a members-to-members small group discussions, facilitated by Imre Vegvari of Kompania, TEDxConversation programme founder and other experienced international facilitators.