EVENT LINK: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83649907122, meeting ID: 836 4990 7122.
Please note that you need to be signed in to Mediaspace.global to access the event (embedded Zoom link).
Our networking session in June will be dedicated to women professionals - but all genders are welcome. Why do we need specialized networking sessions? 2 important reasons.
One is the network gap.: Women in the U.S. are 28% less likely than men to have a strong network, according to LinkedIn data. This varies by country between 14% to 37%.
'This “gender network gap” holds true across virtually every country we looked at." " A weaker network means less access to job opportunities. It also means companies may be missing some of the best candidates: Those who have the right skills, but lack the right connections. It’s a big problem — one that disproportionately holds back women, according to a research from LinkedIn.
The other reason is a piece of good news. The companion workbook to the award-winning book, The Adventures of Women in Tech, is here to give you the hard-earned insights, strategies, and tools you need to navigate career challenges and not just survive but thrive. You can find more details here.
We invited the co-authors, Alana Karen - who was our special guest previously in 2021 with her original book - and Marily Nika to join us for a fireside chat with Kinga Incze to discuss their latest findings.
- Alana Karen is an award-winning tech leader, author, and speaker whose work impacts many of our everyday lives. From Google Search to Ads, Fiber to Google Grants and beyond, Alana has been leading the charge to develop, scale, build and drive team and product development that has seen a rippling industry impact.
Based in San Francisco, Marily Nika works for Google as an AI Product Manager and is also an Executive Fellow at Harvard Business School. Marily holds a Ph.D. in Machine Learning from Imperial College London and outside her day role, she mentors entrepreneurs, serves as an advisor to early-stage tech startups, and also empowers people that want to break into tech & product in multiple ways.
Marily has co-founded 3 women in tech communities and has received international recognition after delivering 3 TEDx talks and receiving the Woman of the Year 2018 Award (everywoman) and the Women in Science and Engineering Influence Award 2015 for her contributions.
As usual at our networking sessions, the fireside chat will be followed by a member-to-member conversation with all the attendees - so you can meet and talk to people, not just see profiles.
Join the interactive event and the conversation, it's free for all Mediaspace members!
- Learn tips to accelerate your personal progress and help you find your way during the toughest of moments so you may flourish in your career firsthand from the co-authors
- Meet people, not profiles at our interactive session
- By attending this and further Mediaspace interactive meetups, start further building your social professional network digitally
- Find relevant connections out of your current professional circles by starting new conversations - because every collaboration, business starts with a conversation
- Welcome by Kinga Incze, founder of Mediaspace, Whitereport Global Limited
- House rules by Lavina Suthenthiran by Lavina Suthenthiran, Head of Comms & Content of Mediaspace.global
- Fireside chat with special guests Alana Karen and Marily Nika
- Attendee's short introductions
- Member-to-member conversation
How to attend?
It's a free event for Mediaspace members. If you're not a member yet, sign up for Mediaspace.global here to join leading professionals globally and the conversation.
Looking forward to meeting you soon.
A gift for Mediaspace.global members
And it's not all! We offer Mediaspace members a 50% discount on the workbook here.