Why it's a hot topic
In Jan 2021 the UK’s Competition and Markets Authority opened an investigation into Google’s proposals to remove third party cookies and other functionalities from its Chrome browser, initiated by the Marketers for an Open Web (MOW), an alliance of marketers and publishers.
“Privacy Sandbox would effectively create a Google-owned walled garden that would close down the competitive, vibrant Open Web. Providing more directly identifiable, personal information to Google does not protect anyone’s privacy.” – James Rosewell said.
According to WARC: "It’s not exactly news that the third-party cookie is being phased out, yet only a third of marketers and agencies recently surveyed for WARC’s Marketer’s Toolkit feel they are ready for what’s next.”
Join the conversation at Mediaspace.global
To discuss everything you ever wanted to know about Google Privacy Sandbox and what the death of 3rd party cookies might mean for you in practice, we invited the initiators of Marketers for an Open Web. James Rosewell, CEO and Co-Founder of 51Degrees and Tim Cowen, Chair of the Antitrust Practice at Preiskel & Co LLP.
They will be accompanied at the expert panel by other professionals from the international media and marketing scene to discuss opportunities and potential solutions, as well. The panel members will all be available for Q&A and will attend the members-to-members conversations and live networking in small groups online.
The expert panel includes:
- James Rosewell, CEO and Co-Founder of 51Degrees, Director at Marketers for an Open Web
- Tim Cowen, Chair of the Antitrust Practice at Preiskel & Co LLP
- Kinga Incze, Founder of Mediaspace, Whitereport Global Limited
- Adam Mero, CEE Regional Media & Connection Manager at The Coca-Cola Company
- Mattia Fosci, Founder & CEO of ID Ward
- Chair: Hamish Sandison, Chairman of Mediaspace, Whitereport Global Limited
- 2.00 – 3.05 Panel discussion & Q&A
- 3.05 – 3.20 Members-to-members discussions in small virtual groups
- 3.20 - 3-30: Closing
How to attend?
- If you’re a Mediaspace.global registered member,
- book your FREE TICKET:
- attend on this link.
- If you’re not a Mediaspace.global registered member, sign up for Mediaspace.global! Then go to point1 above.
- If you’re not a Mediaspace.global registered member and don’t want to sign up, book your ticket for €95 here:
Please note that you must be signed into Mediaspace when you attend the event, otherwise the link will not let you enter the embedded Zoom link.