The Mediaspace Leadership Club brings together a diverse group of leading professionals who share the ambition to actively transform the industry during these crucial times.
At our exclusive event for the Club members George Gabor Burt, founder of The Slingshot Group, also a member of the Club talked with the leading professionals meeting up from different locations and time zones of the world.
The full video will accessible only for Leadership Club members soon - but we're sharing a highlight video with everyone interested in turning the COVID crisis into an opportunity.
A mastermind of innovation, creativity and strategy, Gabor enables individuals and organizations to overstep perceived limitations and to carve out successful growth strategies. His Slingshot Framework is at the forefront of global innovation.
- As the foundation for Slingshot, George Gabor Burt was a leading expert of Blue Ocean Strategy, the new millennium’s most influential business strategy approach. He contributed case study material to the worldwide bestselling book of the same name and originated the most popular blog on the topic.
- Gabor is actively involved in shaping strategy for a diverse group of international clients ranging from top multinationals & governments to start-ups & NGOs and leads by example through his own initiatives.
- Gabor is named on a list of Top Visionaries, among numerous prominent appearances, he gave the opening presentation at the World Marketing Forum and was the architect and host of the Forum for Partnership in the Americas – a gathering of business and government leaders. In media, he hosted a national radio series in the U.S., writes articles for leading business publications, and is interviewed on major television, radio and newspaper networks.
From the Foreword to SLINGSHOT book in response to Covid-19 Crisis
"I originally published Slingshot in 2011 and launched the accompanying Slingshot Framework in the same year. Even though much has changed since the fundamental mindset presented by the book and its practical application brought to life by the framework are just as critical today. In fact, the Covid-19 crisis has made the core Slingshot concepts - re-imagining market boundaries, customer-centric business transformation, and practical implementation of Blue Ocean Strategy - indispensable for any organization looking to master the new normal.
Specifically, Slingshot provides you with the foundation for turning crisis into opportunity through the following steps:
- View current crisis as a form of extreme disruption
- Embrace ‘perpetual crisis’ mindset, understanding that disruption is constant
- Harness creativity as your organization’s critical resource for finding new opportunities during and after this crisis
- Adopt a process to systematically focus your creative thinking on what customers need and want the most – The Slingshot Framework
- Use this process to identify new market opportunities while minimizing resources/cutting costs, and keeping your staff engaged and motivated
- Take advantage of the crisis to strengthen your customer relationships, community outreach, and to revitalize your company’s value proposition"
Interested in other interactive global events online? Please join our 1st Anniversary networking event on the 3rd June, 2 - 3 pm BST. RSVP here, it's free for Mediaspace members!.