When cross-platform/media measurement is challenged by walled gardens, the revenue gap is growing between the online platform and legacy media companies, there's a structural change happening and evidence suggests an imbalance in power between the 'old' and 'new' media, is it the right question to ask regulators to have a holistic view and level the playing field? Or should we just let the old media world shrink?
„The DMA was crafted based on users’ discussions and complaints about imbalances in power in the e-commerce world. The door is open. If people are concerned about the imbalances in the media world between online platforms and media providers, now’s the time ... .” – Jay Modrall, Partner at Norton Rose, Fulbright's
Interested in what the other experts had to say? Watch our short video above and join the conversation - share your view in our forum dedicated to this topic, here.
To watch the full event video, click here.
- Hayley Brady, Partner, Head of Media and Digital, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Marta Sułkiewicz, Chief Growth Officer, Gemius
- Jay Modrall, Partner at Norton Rose, Fulbright's Brussels Office
- Kinga Incze, Founder of Mediaspace, Whitereport Global Limited
- Chair: Hamish Sandison, international lawyer, dual-qualified in the US and UK & Chairman of Mediaspace.global.
The discussion was recorded on the 24th June 2021, online.