If you work in the media, advertising, tech or regulatory space, come and get inspired by our amazing speakers and the other members from all over the globe by joining this interactive event!
A year ago a Linkedin research revealed: "Nearly two-thirds of women (60%) in marketing have either left the industry or seriously thought about doing so – either permanently or temporarily – during the pandemic", according to data released to coincide with the release of LinkedIn’s global International Women’s Day (8 March) campaign.
This figure was the highest seen in any industry and was followed by women working in the creative industries (57%) and finance (53%). The findings, based on a wider sample of more than 20,000 responses across various industries and roles worldwide, also revealed 42% of female marketers say Covid has caused their career to be set back or put on hold. On this measure, only finance (45%) and IT (50%) fared worse." Source
So WHAT'S THE SITUATION A YEAR LATER? IS IT GETTING WORSE OR BETTER TO BE A FEMALE PROFESSIONAL IN THE MEDIA SPACE according to our speakers and members? How can you get support or support other women? Join the conversation, it's open to all genders!
- Learn about the challenges of women professionals in our vertical - and share yours
- Meet people, not profiles at our interactive session
- By attending this and further Mediaspace interactive meetups, start further building your social professional network digitally as the pandemic increases everyone' visibility, so here's a chance to take advantage of the new hybrid working world opportunities.
- Find relevant connections out of your current professional circles by starting new conversations - because every collaboration, business starts with a conversation.
- Welcome by Kinga Incze, founder of Mediaspace, Whitereport Global Limited
- Fireside chat with our special guests:
- Emily Palmer (UK), Director of Ad Woman, board of The Women in Programmatic Network - join The Women in Programmatic Network's discussion group here on Mediaspace.global if you're a woman in programmatic
- Nene Obicie, Chief Growth Officer, Ativo Nigeria @ Brand COmmunicator; 40 Under 40 Women in Marketing & Communication
- Camilla Sievers (US), entrepreneur, venture partner at Female Founders, global board member at Columbia Venture Community, Forbes 30 Under 30
- Attendee's short introductions
- Members-to-members conversations
How to attend?
It's a free event for Mediaspace members. If you're not a member yet, sign up for Mediaspace.global here to join leading professionals globally and the conversation.
Looking forward to meeting you soon.
In the meantime, watch Mediaspace.global's highlight video with Alana Karen (Google, author of The Adventures of Women in tech) from the Women's Day 2021 Mediaspace conversation.